Collision Repair Technician (CL)
(Effective Fall 2011)
- School of Transportation & Natural Resources Technology
- More Information about Collision Repair Technician
Students learn to apply advanced collision repair techniques and principles in diagnosing damage and prescribing corrective work. The major emphasizes the theory and skills of metal and plastic repair, MIG welding, unibody straightening, hazardous material handling, and modern paint systems.
Collision repair technician in a dealership, independent collision repair shop, fleet operation or self-employment.
Recommended High School Subjects
Three years of English, one year of algebra, and one year of science.
Special Equipment Needs
See the Tool List on the Collision Repair Technician web page.
Deficient students may start the program. The order of remediation will be math, reading, English.
This major is subject to the transfer standards established by the College (see http://www.pct.edu/catalog/TransferringCredits.htm ). Exceptions must be approved by the school dean.
A graduate of this major should be able to:
- demonstrate competency, to industry standards in refinishing, plastic repair, structural repair, and non-structural repair.
- apply the principles of critical thinking, quantitative and qualitative logic, analysis and synthesis of actual comprehensive problems of the types occurring in the collision repair industry.
- write clear, concise, and accurate repair orders, technical reports.
- secure employment as a collision repair technician or in a related field.
|FYE101||First Year Experience||1|
|ABC100||Introduction to Non-Structural Collision Repair||2|
|ABC104||Introduction to Non-Structural Collision Repair Applications||3|
|CSC124||Information, Technology, and Society||3|
|SAF110||Occupational Health and Safety||2|
|WEL105||Collision Repair Welding||3|
|AMT104||Hybrid Electric Vehicle||1|
|ABC115||Fundamentals of Electrical/Electronic and Air Conditioning||2|
|ABC116||Electrical/Electronic and Air Conditioning Applications||1|
|ABC129||Basic Refinishing Applications||3|
|ABC127||Chassis Alignment, Steering and Suspension Principles||2|
|ABC128||Chassis Alignment, Steering and Suspension Application||1|
|ABC209||Collision-Related Mechanical Principles||2|
|ABC210||Collision-Related Mechanical Application||2|
|ABC228||Repair Procedures Fundamentals||2|
|ABC229||Repair Procedures Applications||3|
|ABC207||Structural Repair Procedures||2|
|ABC208||Structural Repair Procedures Laboratory||4|
|ABC226||Advanced Refinishing Theory||2|
|ABC227||Advanced Refinishing Laboratory||4|
Accredited by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF).