Change in credit card processing
Dear Students and Parents:
Pennsylvania College of Technology is committed to managing funds entrusted to the institution as efficiently as possible. Last year, the cost to the College for providing an option for students and parents to use credit and debit cards to pay tuition bills exceeded $422,000.
In order to continue providing an option for credit and debit card payments, effective July 2012, card payments will be processed through a third-party vendor, who will assess a convenience fee for each transaction. This will ensure the cost of the service impacts only those who choose to use it.
Effective July 1, 2012:
- Tuition/fee eBill credit card payments will be processed through CASHNet (a vendor that partners with Penn College to process student payments).
- MasterCard, Discover, or American Express cards may be used to make online payments. Visa cards will not be accepted; however, Visa checks will be accepted and provide a way to use a VISA account to make payments.
- A convenience fee equaling 2.75% of the total transaction will be assessed by CASHNet and added to the total charge. For example, a $1,000 payment to Penn College via credit card would result in a $1,027.50 charge to an individual’s credit card.
- Online payment options available at no additional charge will be offered through ACH check payments and payments using PCTOneAccounts.
- The Penn College Bursar’s Office will accept payment only by cash, check, or money order.
This applies to payments submitted in person or via postal services. No credit card payment via telephone will be accepted.
- All credit card payments must be made online. Online access will be provided for anyone coming into the Bursar’s Office wishing to make a credit card payment.
- The convenience fee will be applied only to eBill payments. It will not impact other credit card transactions on campus.
Thank you for your understanding as the College strives to maintain efficient, cost-effective operations in order to further its educational mission.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
Eric D. Ranck
Manager of Bursar and Payroll Services
Pennsylvania College of Technology
1-800-367-9222 Ext. 7309