Penn College employs a full-time certified athletic trainer through Susquehanna Health to meet the health care needs of our student-athletes.
Contact & Location Information
Training Room — 570-320-2400, ext. 2778
Bardo Gymnasium, Room 118 (opens 2 hours before sporting events)
Hours: Mon. - Fri., 1-9 p.m. (subject to change, based on practice and game schedules)
College Health Services — 570-320-2400, ext. 7224
Bush Campus Center, Room 150
Emergency Care — 570-321-2000
Susquehanna Health, Williamsport Hospital and Medical Center, 777 Rural Avenue, Williamsport
- Evaluation of injuries
- Taping and wrapping (visiting soccer teams will be taped at the field)
- Rehabilitation of injuries
- General first-aid
- Referral to orthopedic specialist
- Treatment of injuries, including
- Ice and heat
- Whirlpool *
- Ultrasound *
- Electric stimulation *
* Any student-athlete requiring stimulation, ultrasound, or whirlpool treatments must bring a written prescription from a certified athletic trainer or doctor. Failure to provide written proof will result in no treatment.
It is the current policy that all Pennsylvania College of Technology students participating in intercollegiate athletics provide information to help lessen exposure to potential accident or injury hazards that may exist as a result of participation in intercollegiate athletics.
Our athletic trainer will be present at all home sporting events except tennis, bowling, and golf. The following will be provided for visiting teams:
- Taping area (visiting teams supply their own taping supplies)
- Ice and bags (home bench)
- Water and cups
- Splints and crutches (home bench)
Due to limited resources, out-of-season events will not be staffed by our athletic trainer. The head coach is responsible for first-aid and contacting emergency services.