Fall 2012 Tennis: PSU Mont Alto
October 10, 2012
Adam Smith swept in both his singles and doubles matches
MONT ALTO, Pa. – It was déjà vu as the Pennsylvania College of Technology defeated Penn State Mont Alto 6-3. This is the second time the Wildcats defeated Mont Alto and with the score of 6-3 having done so back on Sept. 29. Freshmen Jordan Rodgers (Biglerville) and Christopher Morrin (Morrisville) helped winning their singles and doubles matches; their doubles partnership this season has been indefensible as they remain undefeated on the season. The win improves the team to 6-1 overall and in the Penn State University Athletic Conference.
Rodgers and Morrin won second doubles 6-2, 6-2 and Rodgers took third singles 6-0, 6-0 while Morrin only dropped one game in fourth singles 6-1, 6-0
Sophomores Nathan Scott (Canton, Conn.) and Adam Smith (Duncannon) also had a good day partnering at first doubles for the 6-1, 6-2 win. In singles, Scott took the first flight 6-1, 6-0 and Smith at second 6-1, 6-3.
Next up, the Wildcats host Penn State Lehigh Valley in the final match of the regular season on Saturday, Oct. 13 starting at noon.
1. Nathan Scott (PCT) def. Zack Fawaz 6-1, 6-0
2. Adam Smith (PCT) def. Marcus Folks 6-1, 6-3
3. Jordan Rodgers (PCT) def. William Davis 6-0, 6-0
4. Christopher Morrin (PCT) def. Lok-Ken Chan 6-1, 6-0
1. Annette Deutsch (MA) def. Jenna Walmer 6-0, 6-0
2. Kathiegong Williams (MA) def. Taylor Lapointe 6-0, 6-0
1. Smith/Scott (PCT) def. Fawaz/Folks 6-1, 6-2
2. Rodgers/Morrin (PCT) def. Chan/Jeffrey Huang 6-2, 6-2
1. Deutsch/Williams def. Walmer/Lapointe 6-1, 6-2