Fall 2012 Tennis: PSU Mont Alto
September 29, 2012
Rodgers did not drop a game in his singles or doubles matches
WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. – The Pennsylvania College of Technology tennis team won its third straight match with a 6-3 win over Penn State Mont Alto. The Wildcats swept in the mens’ flights with freshmen Jordan Rodgers (Biglerville) and Christopher Morrin (Morrisville) staying undefeated this year at second doubles with a 6-0, 6-0 win. The victory improves the team to 4-1 overall and in the Penn State University Athletic Conference.
Sophomores Nathan Scott (Canton, Conn.) and Adam Smith (Duncannon) continued their strong play partnering up at men’s first doubles for a 6-0, 6-1 win. Scott won his first singles match 6-1, 6-4 while Smith also swept at second singles 6-0, 6-4.
Also in singles, Rodgers blitzed his third singles opponent 6-0, 6-0 as did Morrin at the fourth flight.
Next up, Penn College travels to Penn State Brandywine on Saturday, Oct. 6 for a 12 p.m. match.
1. Nathan Scott (PCT) def. Zach Fanaz 6-1, 6-4
2. Adam Smith (PCT) def. Marcus Folks 6-0, 6-4
3. Jordan Rogers (PCT) def. Lok-Kan Chan 6-0, 6-0
4. Christopher Morrin (PCT) def. Jeffrey Huang 6-0, 6-0
1. Amber Deutsch (MA) def. J. Walmer 6-0, 6-0
2. Kathie Williams (MA) def. T. Lapointe 6-0,6-0
1. Scott/Smith (PCT) def. Fanaz/Folks 6-0, 6-1
2. Rodgers/Morrin (PCT) def. Chan/Huang 6-0, 6-0
1. Deutsch/Williams (MA) def. Walmer/Lapointe 6-1, 6-1