Fall 2012 Tennis: PSU Hazleton
September 27, 2012
Jenna Walmer was the victor of a two-hour, three set match
WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. – In a repeat of their earlier match this season, the Pennsylvania College of Technology tennis team swept Penn State Hazleton 9-0 Thursday. The win improves the team to 3-1 overall and in the Penn State University Athletic Conference. The Wildcats dropped only one set in the match and in on the men’s singles side won 48 games to Hazleton’s four.
In doubles, sophomores Nathan Scott (Canton, Conn.) and Adam Smith (Duncannon) won in straight sets 6-0, 6-2 in the first flight while freshmen Jordan Rodgers (Biglerville) and Christopher Morrin (Morrisville) continued their unbeaten streak with an 8-0 victory at second doubles.
In singles action on the women’s side, sophomore Jenna Walmer (Lebanon) played a tough two hour game edging out her opponent 4-6, 7-5, 10-7. Freshman Taylor Lapointe (Pelham, N.H) swept her second singles match 6-2, 6-4.
Next up, the Wildcats host Penn State Mont Alto for a 12 p.m. match on Saturday, Sept. 29.
1. N. Scott (PCT) def. Brandon Haydt 6-0, 6-2
2. A.Smith (PCT) def. Rohan Bharadwoj 6-0, 6-0
3. J. Rodgers (PCT) def. CJ Dering 6-1, 6-0
4. C. Morrin (PCT) def. D. Nemia 6-1, 6-0
1. J. Walmer (PCT) def. A. Peters 4-6, 7-5, 10-7
2. T. Lapointe (PCT) def. J. Rushton 6-2, 6-4
1. Scott/Smith (PCT) def. Haydt/Bharadwoj 6-2, 6-2
2. Rodgers/Morrin (PCT) def. Dering/Nemia 8-0
1. Walmer/Lapointe (PCT) win by ff