Fall 2012 Tennis: PSU Lehigh Valley
September 22, 2012
Nathan Scott swept in both men's singles and doubles
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - The Pennsylvania College of Technology tennis team gave a strong performance in its 7-2 win over Penn State Lehigh Valley Saturday. The Wildcats swept all the men's singles and doubles without dropping a set. The win improves the team to 2-1 overall and in the Penn State University Athletic Conference.
On the women's side, freshman Taylor Lapointe (Pelham, N.H.) won in straight sets 6-3, 6-0. Penn College had to forfeit women's second singles and doubles due to missing players.
For the men, sophomore Adam Smith (Duncannon) and freshman Jordan Rodgers (Biglerville) didn't lose a game in their 6-0, 6-0 wins at second and third singles, respectively. Sophomore Nathan Scott (Canton, Conn.) cruised to a 6-0, 6-4 victory at first singles while freshman Christopher Morrin (Morrisville) took fourth singles 6-3. 6-0.
In doubles, Smith and Scott won 6-1, 6-1 in the first flight and Morrin and Rodgers remained undefeated on the season winning 6-0, 6-0 at second doubles.
Next up, Penn College hosts Penn State Hazleton on Thursday, Sept. 27 for a 3 p.m. match.
1. N. Scott (PCT) def. Mo James 6-0, 6-4
2. A. Smith (PCT) def. Awit Kim 6-0, 6-0
3. J. Rodgers (PCT) def. Kevin Morrissey 6-0, 6-0
4. C. Morrin (PCT) def. Brian Luadis 6-1, 6-2
1. T. Lapointe (PCT) def. Snydie Kennington 6-1, 6-2
2. Penn College forfeits
1. Scott/Smith (PCT) def. James/Kim
2. Rodgers/Morrin (PCT) def. Morrissey/Morrison 6-0, 6-0
1. Penn College forfeits