Spring 2014 Men's Tennis: Keystone College
March 27, 2014
James Jeffries captured his first collegiate wins at second doubles and fourth singles
WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. – The Pennsylvania College of Technology men’s tennis team took down Keystone College 8-1 Thursday to win its home opener of the 2014 season. The Wildcats took two of the three doubles matches and followed up with a dominating performance in singles, sweeping all matches and dropping only one set along the way. The win improves the team to 1-1 overall.
Junior Nathan Scott (Canton, Conn.) continued his strong play with a first singles victory at 6-0, 7-5 and partnered with sophomore Jordan Rodgers (Biglerville) at first doubles to win 8-2. Rodgers dropped only one game in his second singles match taking the victory 6-1, 6-0.
Sophomore Christopher Morrin (Morrisville) and freshman James Jeffries (Bedford) captured their first win together at second doubles at 8-5. They both followed that up with singles victories as Morrin won the third flight 6-2, 6-2 and Jeffries the fourth 6-1, 6-3.
Rounding out the winners were freshmen Noah Stahl (Sunbury) and Taylor Herb (Sunbury). Stahl fought through a three set battle at fifth singles winning 6-1, 5-7, 10-7 and Herb swept sixth singles 6-1, 6-1.
Penn College takes on Wilkes University on Sunday, Mar. 30 for a 3 p.m. match.
1. Nathan Scott (PC) def. Abraham Shagoury, 6-0, 7-5
2. Jordan Rodgers (PC) def. Brandon Newsome, 6-1, 6-0
3. Christopher Morrin (PC) def. Michael Hull, 6-2, 6-2
4. James Jeffries (PC) def. Dan Anderson, 6-1, 6-3
5. Noah Stahl (PC) def. John Masten, 6-1, 5-7, 10-7
6. Taylor Herb (PC) def. Tyler Valinski, 6-1, 6-1
1. Scott/Rodgers (PC) def. Newsome/Hull, 8-2
2. Morrin/Jeffries (PC) def. Shagoury/Anderson, 8-5
3. Masten/Tyler Valinski (KC) def. Stahl/Herb, 8-6