Fall 2013 Women's Tennis: PSU Brandywine
September 28, 2013
Stabley's three-set victory clinched the win for the Lady Wildcats
WILLIAMSPORT Pa. – Freshman Melissa Stabley (Cogan Station) won a three set nail-biter at first singles to clinch a victory over Penn State Brandywine Saturday for the Pennsylvania College of Technology women’s tennis team. Stabley defeated the Lions’ Emily Seeburger 1-6, 7-6 (7-1), 6-3. Brandywine swept all doubles matches, but the Lady Wildcats came back to sweep singles and earn the 3-2 victory. With the win, Penn College improves to 2-5 overall and 1-1 in the Penn State University Athletic Conference.
Junior Jenna Walmer (Lebanon) also had a tough three set victory at second singles winning 6-3, 4-6, 10-4. Sophomore Taylor Lapointe (Pelham, N.H.) swept her third singles match 6-2, 6-2 setting up Stabley and Seeburger as the deciding match.
Next up, the Lady Wildcats host Penn State Mont Alto for a noon match on Sunday, Sept. 29
1. Melissa Stabley (PCT) def. Emily Seeburger 1-6, 7-6 (7-1), 6-3
2. Jenna Walmer (PCT) def. Kristen Genzel 6-3, 4-6, 10-4
3. Taylor Lapointe (PCT) def. Laura Masse 6-2, 6-2
EXH. Autumn Maccinis (PCT) def. Heather Gartside 6-2, 6-2
1. Seeburger/Genzel (BW) def. Stabley/Walmer 7-8 (7-3)
2. Masse/Gartside (BW) def. Lapointe/Taylor Pompili 8-6