Fall 2013 Women's Tennis: Keystone College
September 25, 2013
Jenna Walmer won with partner Melissa Stabley at first doubles
LA PLUME, Pa. – The Pennsylvania College of Technology women’s tennis team lost a close match to Keystone College 5-4 Wednesday. Short one player, the Lady Wildcats were forced to forfeit two matches which could have altered the outcome of the match. With the loss, the team now falls to 1-5 overall.
For the Lady Wildcats, junior Jenna Walmer (Lebanon) and freshman Melissa Stabley (Cogan Station) record the only doubles victory for the team taking the first flight 9-8 and winning the tiebreaker 7-3.
In singles action, Stabley won a three-set marathon at the first flight 5-7, 6-1, 10-5 (10-5). At fourth singles, Junior Taylor Pompili (Renovo) swept 6-4, 6-1 as did Brooke Reed at fifth singles 6-2, 6-0.
Next up, Penn College hosts Penn State Brandywine for a noon match on Saturday, Sept. 28.
1. Melissa Stabley (PCWT) def. Jackson, Katie (KCWT) 5-7, 6-1, 10-5 (10-5)
2. Seager, Rebecca (KCWT) def. Jenna Walmer (PCWT) 6-1, 6-3
3. Stricker, KateLynn (KCWT) def. Taylor Lapointe (PCWT) 6-0, 6-2
4. Taylor Pompili (PCWT) def. Vesey, Megan (KCWT) 6-4, 6-1
5. Brooke Reed (PCWT) def. Corcoran, Kelly (KCWT) 6-2, 6-0
6. Lewis, Ryann (KCWT) def. No player (PCWT), by default
1. Jenna Walmer/Melissa Stabley (PCWT) def. Jackson, Katie/Seager, Rebecca (KCWT) 9-8 (7-3)
2. Perry, Amanda/Stricker, KateLynn (KCWT) def. Taylor Lapointe/Taylor Pompili (PCWT) 8-5
3. Vesey, Megan/Corcoran, Kelly (KCWT) def. Brooke Reed/No player (PCWT), by default