QTA Goals 2010/11
Implement Quality through Assessment: the Penn College Plan and Process:
- Facilitate administrative review process and produce final draft.
- Initiate General Education subcommittee.
- Identify academic-year assessment projects with timelines.
- Develop and present information sessions for faculty and Student Affairs staff.
- Gather results and publish report at year’s end.
- Gain basic familiarity with assessment software.
Continue work on self-study four standards:
- Identify/Collect data for supporting each standard.
- Collect potential appendices/exhibits for each standard.
- Engage other self-study groups to accommodate intersecting topics (e.g., planning and resource allocation as affecting/affected by assessment).
- Develop information to be shared during January 2011 faculty/staff sessions.
- Develop recommendations.
Clarify/Codify Assessment, Research, & Planning Office-QTA Committee integration
Review NSSE 2010:
- Review the report, with attention to significant changes from 2006 and 2008 versions and key strengths/weaknesses.
- Prepare public website summary.
Continue identification of professional development activity:
- Add Best Practices to website and portal.
- Schedule Rubrics II and Rapid Response sessions .
- Develop “how to” sessions for faculty/staff involved in assessment projects.
- Gather/provide start-up packet to orient General Education Assessment subcommittee.
- Identify external opportunities to gain assessment skills/knowledge.