QTA Committee Accomplishments 2012/13
QTA functions as a vehicle for accomplishing the College’s Strategic Goal: Embrace a culture of assessment and data-driven decision making. Its annual report to the President included the following accomplishments:
- Identified the need for/use of a matrix for maintenance/tracking of assessment outcomes focused on student learning
- Continued the oversight of the Core Curriculum Subcommittee; reviewed institutional surveys, identifying those likely to yield data for assessing the four core goals reliant on indirect data; reviewed assessment activities focused on computing and scientific literacy
- Prepared the NSSE 2012 report for the website
- Updated the QTA charge and membership, recognizing institutional changes since 2006
- Created the President’s Assessment Award and functioned as the review body, identifying the first recipient; thereafter revised the timeline and refined the related materials.