Quality Through Assessment (QTA)
View the QTA Committee's accomplishments for the 2011/12 academic year
How do we know that we are carrying out our mission to provide students with quality academic programs that respond to economic and employment realities? How do we know if the skills we teach will translate into workplace success? How do we know that students are learning?
The Quality Through Assessment (QTA) initiative was created to answer those and other questions about teaching and learning at Pennsylvania College of Technology.
Assessment at Penn College is defined as an open process that encompasses the following principles:
- It is mission-focused, at both the institutional and programmatic levels.
- It is systematic, iterative, collaborative, documented, and adaptable.
- It applies multiple measures, both qualitative and quantitative.
- It identifies strengths and areas that warrant improvement.
- It informs planning and decision-making for the purpose of ascertaining learning and development, thereby improving programs, services, functions, performance, and the overall value of the educational experience.
Outstanding Assessment Award
President's Award for Outstanding Assessment of Student Learning application/nomination information