Presidential Student Ambassador Program
Do you want to know what life at Penn College is really like? Contact a Student Ambassador to find out.
The mission of the Presidential Student Ambassador program is to promote Penn College to prospective and current students and their families, guests, alumni, business partners, and friends of the College. Student Ambassadors, selected for their demonstration of leadership, campus involvement, academic achievement, and Penn College pride, strive to convey the value of a life-long relationship between the College and all of our stakeholders on campus, in the Williamsport community, and across the Commonwealth, country, and globe.
Presidential Student Ambassadors will act as liaisons between the College and prospective and current students and their families, guests, alumni, business partners, and friends of the College by engaging in activities that:
- communicate the mission and culture of the College;
- strengthen our traditions;
- promote Penn College Pride; and
- encourage lifelong involvement with the College.
Membership is limited to 30 students per academic year. To be eligible to apply for membership, interested students must be enrolled full-time, have successfully completed at least 12 credits at Penn College, hold a minimum 3.0 GPA, and demonstrate the following criteria:
- Active campus involvement
- Demonstrated leadership experience (on or off campus)
- Possess strong interpersonal skills including effective communication, the ability to be self-motivated, a commitment to professionalism, etc.
- Be willing and have time to participate in ongoing trainings/meetings
- Exhibited Penn College pride and awareness
A formal application must be completed and reviewed by the Selection Committee. The Admissions Office will contact candidates who meet minimum eligibility and will coordinate personal interviews. Because the group will be limited to no more than 30 members, candidates will be ranked and selected until all openings are filled.
Ambassadors who are successful throughout the academic year will participate in an annual evaluation process. Selection of returning students will always be completed prior to selection of new students.
Participation should be viewed as an honor, but as this position is first and foremost a job, Presidential Student Ambassadors will be paid an hourly rate. Other forms of compensation may include apparel (which may include jackets, shirts, hats, school bags, etc.), meals during events, etc.